Adhesives & Bonding Agent
A High Performance Rubber Adhesivescroll down
Dubond's DU FLEX is a special purpose, two component high adhesion product with performance elasticity. It has anti skid properties because of the presence stabilized polyurethane and micronized pure mineral fillers. Du flex secures the laying on high deformable and high expansion substrates, finds base in DU FLEX technology and is recommended for laying tiles, glass mosaic,water absorbed, marbles, natural stones on surfaces (porous) concrete woods and nonporous surfaces such as glass or metal.Download PDF
Areas of Application
Fixing ceramic tiles of all types to difficult substrates or ones liable to considerably warp.
Fixing natural stone sensitive to humidity, composite marble.
For fixing vitreous mosaic.
Fixing ceramic tiles to kitchen surfaces or work tops, to wood, glass or iron surfaces.
Laying on heating screeds.
Features & Benefits
Elastic organic mineral adhesive for high-performance and high-adhesion
Laying with no vertical slip on deformable substrates
Easy and light to spread
Preparation of substrates
- Substrates must be compact and consistent, free from dust, oil and grease, free from any rising damp, with no loose, flaky, or imperfectly anchored parts. The substrate must be stable, without cracks and have already completed the curing period of hygrometric shrinkage
- Undulated areas must be corrected with suitable smoothing and finishing products
Preparation of the adhesive
- DU Flex is prepared by mixing together parts A and B from the bottom upwards, using a low- rev (400/min.) helicoidal agitator, respecting the preset ratio of 750 gms : 500 gms of the packs / 6 kg : 4 Kg of the packs
- Pour part B into the bucket containing part A, being careful to mix the two parts uniformly until a smooth, even coloured mixture is obtained. The user must mix a quantity of adhesive which can be consumed within Preparation of the adhesive 1 hour at +23 °C / 50% R.H. Packs of DU Flex must be stored at a temperature of ≈ +20 °C for at least 2/3 days prior to use
- For normal use, the product can be applied with a suitable serrated trowel (serrations of not more than 7 mm with Du Flex). The open time is about 20 minutes, while the mixture remains creamy and thoroughly workable for 5 hours. If possible, it is therefore best to apply the product immediately to a surface that will be clad within the useful open time. Press the tile down to make sure that it contacts the adhesive in a sufficient way
- In environments subjected to heavy traffic, in external applications and wherever high-elasticity laying system is required, use the double-spread technique to ensure 100% application of the product to the rear of the tiles
|Colour||White & Grey|
|Mixing Ration|| 1.25 Kg [ Part A (Powder) 750 Gms : Part B (Liquid) 500 Gms ]
10 Kg [ Part A (Powder) 6 Kgs : Part B (Liquid) 4 Kgs ]
|Pot Life||20 Minutes|
|Open Time||20 Minutes|
|Working Time||5 Hours|
|Setting Time||24 - 48 Hours|
|Foot Traffic||96 Hours|
Precautions & Limitations
- Do not use In contact with polystyrene or on substrates which are not perfectly dry and subjected to moisture rising
- Use at temperatures between +10 °C and +30 °C
- Use packs which have been stored for 2/3 days before use at +20 °C strictly
- Keep to the mixing ratio of 700 gms : 500 gms
- For partial mixing, weigh the two parts precisely workability times may vary
- Considerably, depending on environmental conditions and the temperature of the tiles
- Protect against direct rain for at least 12 hours
- Do not lay on substrates subject to moisture rising or which are not completely dry
1.25 Kg as a unit ( 700 gms Part A & 500 Gms Part B ) and 10 Kg as a unit ( 6 Kg Part A and 4 Kg Part B )
1.25Kg to 10Kg Container
Shelf life & storage
12 months with original packing in dry condition.
Health & saftey
Always use protective gloves and eyewear both during mixing and during application avoid any contact with the skin. Use in a well-ventilated environment