Paraffin Wax Based Concrete Curing Compoundscroll down
Dubond's Duplast CC-WB is a ready to use, liquid membrane curing compound based on selected grades of low viscosity paraffin wax emulsion which incorporates a special reactive emulsion breaking system. This system ensures that the emulsion breaks down to form a non-penetrating continuous film immediately upon contact with a cementitious surface. This impervious film permits more efficient cement hydration, thus reducing shrinkage and increasing durability. Once formed, the membrane will remain on the concrete surface until eventually broken down and eroded by natural weathering. Where it is required to apply a further treatment to such concrete surface, it may be necessary to remove the remaining membrane after curing, by wire brushing or other mechanical means.Download PDF
Curing external concrete paving
For spraying on freshly casted concrete, or newly exposed concrete surfaces after removal of frame work, to form a temporary membrane which will retain sufficient moisture for effective curing to take place
For vertical or sloping surfaces as on Towers, Chimneys, Canal Linings, Columns and Beams where curing is difficult or unreliable in terms of un availability of sufficient and continious water supply for curing
Used for concreting generally but especially useful for large areas of concrete such as Pavements, Runways and Bridge Decks
Duplast CC-WB is not recommended for application where subsequent renders, toppings or coatings are to be applied or on coloured concrete surfaces.
Avoids messy and repetitive water curing
Easy and safe Spray or Brush application.
Eliminates use of water, hession cloth or sand completely.
Ensures hard wearing surface - minimizes risk of drying shrinkage cracks and dusty surfaces.
Facilitates more efficient hydration of cement for greater strength and superior wear
Improves moisture retention in concrete
No harmful vapours
No risk of erratic or poor curing and ensures hydration of cement efficiently
Not a fire hazard
One time application
Prevents rapid water evaporation
Reduced plastic shrinkage cracks and dusting resistance
Safe to use
Single application forms moisture barrier for whole of the curing period
White pigmented so easy to identify and Better reflections
- Use Duplast CC-WB as supplied with 20 % dilution with water. Stir well before use.(rolling drums containing the product is an effective method).
- Apply after the final finishing operation as soon as the concrete surface has hardened sufficiently to prevent marring. Delaying the application until the next day will allow substantial loss of moisture reducing the effectiveness of the curing membrane. The surface should be damp but with no free water on it.
- In the case of formed concrete, apply immediately after striking the formwork.
- If the surface has dried out, dampen the concrete before application. For best results, apply an even coat by a low pressure spray equipment ( In all cases the nozzle of the spray of the spray should be held approximately 450 mm from the concrete surface and should be passed back and forth to ensure complete and even coverage. The pump pressure should be maintained at a level to produce a fine spray. Rate of application depends on requirements but is typically within the range of 160 ml to 200 ml / M² 96 psi to 5 M² per ltr.)or with a wide short nap roller or brush.
- With all methods, take adequate care to prevent marring of the concrete surface.
- Apply the curing compound evenly on all exposed concrete surfaces at a minimum rate of 5-6 M²/L so as to form a continuous film.
Estimated Coverage Data
Actual coverage depends upon the method of application, the texture and porosity of the surface. The recommended coverage of Duplast CC-WB is 5-6 M²/L. Material requirement therefore is 0.2 L/M² after dilution of 20 % with water in single coat depending upon the substrate.
Duplast CC-WB is non toxic and does not normally require any special precaution while handling.
- Fire : Not flammable.
- It is advisable to wear goggles when spraying.
- Inhalation of the spray should similarly be avoided
- Should excessive skin contact with the compound occur the area of skin should be washed with soap and water
- If Duplast CC-WB comes into contact with the eye should be flushed with clean water for ten minutes
- If irritation persists, medical attention should be sought
|Colour as supplied||Milky White|
|Applied film||White coat|
|Application temperature||Above 5˚C|
Duplast CC-WB is available in 20 liter pails, 100 liter & 200 liters drums.
Storage & Shelf Life
Duplast CC-WB can be stored in unopened original containers for 12 months from date of manufacture at constant moderate temperatures between 4°C to 40°C. Containers should be kept airtight to prevent surface evaporation. Freezing or prolonged to direct heat or direct sunlight must also be avoided.