Duplast HP VC
High performance admixture and compaction aid for wet semidry/no-slump concrete productsscroll down
Areas of Application
Duplast HP (VC) is used for producing optimized colored wet, semi-dry/no slump concrete with very low water content. Wet, Semi-dry/no-slump concrete production is generally used in the manufacture of machine-made concrete products associated with instant de-moulding such as:
- Block Paving (grey / colored)
- Cement Tiles (grey / colored)
- Paving flags
- Edgings and other items for garden and landscape design
- Building blocks and bricks
Duplast HP (VC) offers substantial benefits to the producer of wet, semi-dry/no slump concrete products:
- Efficient dispersion and distribution of cement, additives and pigments
- Give high early strength to wet concrete
- Improved movement of the concrete through the machine (faster mould filling)
- Optimized compaction with shorter pressing time and increased output [ shorter production cycle ]
- Minimized friction between the mould and the concrete [ Reductions in equipment wear and tear ]
- Reduced adhesion/stickiness between top layer concrete and pressing head/tamper (equipment/tools)
- Increased “green” strength on immediate de-moulding [ keeps the shape of freshly de-moulded semi-dry concrete products because it prevents slumping after demoulding ]
- More economic concrete mix designs
- Create superior products
Duplast HP (VC) allows for the following advantages in the finished concrete products:
- Closer textured, smoother and more uniform surfaces (improved surface finish)
- Consistent product quality due to a homogenous concrete mix
- Less variation in densities and strengths across the area of the mould (constant spread of density & strength over the pallet)
- Minimized damage due to early handling
- Consistent early and ultimate compressive and tensile strengths
- Increased freeze-thaw resistance
- Improved durability and life expectancy
- Constant and uniform color (color fastness)
- Less customer returns and second grade products
Duplast HP (VC) conforms to IS 9103-1999
0.5 - 2.0% by weight of cement.
Actual dosage to be finalized on the basis of site trials.
In general a mixing time of at least 30 seconds is essential, although the actual mixing time after adding the admixture depends on the individual circumstances and should be determined by trials.
NOTES ON APPLICATION /LIMITATION
Duplast HP (VC) can be added with the mixing water or introduced at the end of the mixing process. Duplast HP (VC) must not be used for wet cast concrete as this could result in excessive air entrainment and subsequent loss of strength.
Before use suitability tests must be performed.
Appearance / Colour Hazy Whitish Liquid
15 months from date of production if stored properly in undamaged unopened, original sealed packaging in dry conditions at temperatures between +5°C and +40°C. Protect from direct sunlight and frost.
Safety and Precautions
For information and advice on the safe handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent Material Safety Data Sheet containing physical, ecological, toxicological and other safety-related data.