Heavy Duty Reinforced Acrylic Waterproofing Coating for Terracescroll down
Dubond's Roof Shield is a heavy duty terrace waterproofing system, composed of specially developed highly elastic & resilient acrylic polymers, properly selected & graded fillers, lightfast & weather durable pigments, micro-fibres, additives & best quality fungicidal in water medium. it is used as a liquid applied waterproofing membrane for all types of building terraces. Dubond's Roof Shield is a three-layer system with coats in different colours ensuring proper build-up of the thickness, making it a reliable waterproofing system.Download PDF
Areas of Application
Building Roofs / Terraces – Flat & Slope
Over existing cementitious waterproofing treatments like brick-bat coba, Concrete Screeds, Acrylic Coatings, etc.
Features and Benefits
Water proofing – Tough & elastic films provides excellent W/p
Film thickness – Provides higher dry film thickness of 1 to 1.25 mm in three coat application
Crack bridging – Bridges cracks upto 2 mm width
Application Advantage – No need to remove existing BB coba, plaster, concrete surface
Strength - Higher tensile strength, tear resistance & bond strength with cementitious substrates
Resilience – Forms highly elastic & resilient coating so helps to withstand the structural movements
Durability – Resistant to uv & weather conditions
Abrasion Resistant – No additional protective coating is required for roof subjected to foot traffic
Ease of Application – Can by applied by brush & roller easily
Light Weight – Does not add extra weight over the roof
Non-toxic – Eco friendly
Breathability – It is Breathable
Method of Application
- Prepare the surface thoroughly by cleaning, washing and removing dust, dirt, oil, grease and loose particles. Ensure that the roof slope is a minimum of 1 in 100
- In existing old terraces such as brick-bat-coba or screeds, the substrate must be checked for its soundness. Damaged or hollow portions, sharp edges, etc. must be cut and repaired with a polymer-modified screed. Surface cracks must be filled with Dubond's acrylic crack filler
- Bitumen based waterproofing treatments must be completely removed by mechanical scarification or by any other effective mechanical means
- Apply one coat of Dubond's Hydro Prime without any dilution at the rate of 10-12 m per litre. allow it to dry for 2-3 hours
- Apply the first coat of Dubond's Roof shield at the rate of 2 m per litre and allow it to dry before taking up the second and third coats,the rate of application being the same
- The sequence of colours viz-a-viz, green or terracota grey can be decided depending on the desired top coat colour
- In case only two colours are being used, ensure that the colour of the first and the third coat are the same. this would ensure correct consumption of material that will deliver a total Dft of 1 mm
- Drying time between coats will be 6 to 8 hours
- Ensure that the primer and the 3 coats of Dubond's Roof Shield totally achieve a minimum thickness of 1 mm Dft. allow the system to air cure for 7 days minimum
|Solid Content %||ASTM||69|
|Polymer Content %||ASTM||35|
|Hardness (Shore A)||ASTM D 2240 : 2002||80|
|Tensile Strenght, N/mm2||ASTM D 412 : 2002||2.6|
|Elongation at Break %||ASTM D 412 : 2002||200|
|UV Resistant - Accelerated||ASTM G 154 : 2000||Excellent : No thermal degradation|
|Weathering (1000 hours)||Cracking, chalking and discoloration|
|Adhesion Strength, N/mm2||ASTM D 4541 : 2002||0.9|
|Water Vapour Transmission||ASTM D 96 : 2000||19 g / m2/ day|
|Algae & Fungus Resistant||SS 345 : 1998||No Algae & Fungus growth|
|Crack Bridging||ASTM C 836 - 1995||a.) No cracks upto 2 mm width
b.) No cracks upto 1 mm (10 cycles)
|Rapid chloride permeability||ASTM C 1202 : 97||Very low|
|Water permeability (Depth of penetration at 5 bar pressure)||BSEN 12390 Part 8 : 2000||6|
|Reduction in water penetration||68%|
Precautions & Limitations
- All corners, gaps, joints, protrusions & outlets shall be coated with two extra coats
- Do not apply during rains; substrate Must be in SSD condition for application of primer. the product is designed only for foot traffic and not vehicular or movement of machinery or equipments
Note : To achieve the full proof waterproofing, parapet walls must be covered with Dubond’s Rainshield
2 m2 per litre per coat.
4 ltr & 20 ltr.
Shelf Life & Storagee
Shelf life is 12 months from the date of manufacturing in unopened condition. Store in cool & dry place.
Health & Safety Precautions
Skin contact Wash skin with soap & water. Remove contaminated clothes.
On eye contact Immediately splash eyes with plenty of water. Consult Physician if irritation persists.
Ingestion Do not induce vomiting. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Call a Physician.